Apr 20, 2010

Gita Chapter 15.11 to 15.15

Yatanto yoginashchainam pashyantyaatmanyavasthitam;
Yatanto’pyakritaatmaano nainam pashyantyachetasah.
11. The Yogis striving (for perfection) behold Him dwelling in the Self; but, the unrefined and unintelligent, even though striving, see Him not.

Yadaadityagatam tejo jagad bhaasayate’khilam;
Yacchandramasi yacchaagnau tattejo viddhi maamakam.
12. That light which residing in the sun, illumines the whole world, that which is in the moon and in the fire—know that light to be Mine.

Gaam aavishya cha bhootaani dhaarayaamyaham ojasaa;
Pushnaami chaushadheeh sarvaah somo bhootwaa rasaatmakah.
13. Permeating the earth I support all beings by (My) energy; and, having become the watery moon, I nourish all herbs.

Aham vaishwaanaro bhootwaa praaninaam dehamaashritah;
Praanaapaana samaayuktah pachaamyannam chaturvidham.
14. Having become the fire Vaisvanara, I abide in the body of living beings and, associated with the Prana and Apana, digest the fourfold food.

Sarvasya chaaham hridi sannivishto
Mattah smritir jnaanam apohanam cha;
Vedaischa sarvairahameva vedyo
Vedaantakrid vedavid eva chaaham.
15. And, I am seated in the hearts of all; from Me are memory, knowledge, as well as their absence. I am verily that which has to be known by all the Vedas; I am indeed the author of the Vedanta, and the knower of the Vedas am I.


No comments: