Apr 5, 2010

Gita Chapter 11.41 to 11.45

Sakheti matwaa prasabham yaduktam
He krishna he yaadava he sakheti;
Ajaanataa mahimaanam tavedam
Mayaa pramaadaat pranayena vaapi.
41. Whatever I have presumptuously uttered from love or carelessness, addressing Thee as O Krishna! O Yadava! O Friend! regarding Thee merely as a friend, unknowing of this, Thy greatness,

Yachchaavahaasaartham asatkrito’si
Vihaarashayyaasanabhojaneshu;
Eko’thavaapyachyuta tatsamaksham
Tatkshaamaye twaamaham aprameyam.
42. In whatever way I may have insulted Thee for the sake of fun while at play, reposing, sitting or at meals, when alone (with Thee), O Achyuta, or in company—that I implore Thee, immeasurable one, to forgive!

Pitaasi lokasya charaacharasya
Twamasya poojyashcha gururgareeyaan;
Na twatsamo’styabhyadhikah kuto’nyo
Lokatraye’pyapratimaprabhaava.
43. Thou art the Father of this world, unmoving and moving. Thou art to be adored by this world. Thou art the greatest Guru; (for) none there exists who is equal to Thee; how then can there be another superior to Thee in the three worlds, O Being of unequalled power?

Tasmaatpranamya pranidhaaya kaayam
Prasaadaye twaamahameeshameedyam;
Piteva putrasya sakheva sakhyuh
Priyah priyaayaarhasi deva sodhum.
44. Therefore, bowing down, prostrating my body, I crave Thy forgiveness, O adorable Lord! As a father forgives his son, a friend his (dear) friend, a lover his beloved, even so shouldst Thou forgive me, O God!

Adrishtapoorvam hrishito’smi drishtwaa
Bhayena cha pravyathitam mano me;
Tadeva me darshaya deva roopam
Praseeda devesha jagannivaasa.
45. I am delighted, having seen what has never been seen before; and yet my mind is distressed with fear. Show me that (previous) form only, O God! Have mercy, O God of gods! O abode of the universe!


No comments: