Apr 25, 2010

Gita Chapter 16.11 to 16.15

Chintaamaparimeyaam cha pralayaantaamupaashritaah;
Kaamopabhogaparamaa etaavaditi nishchitaah.
11. Giving themselves over to immeasurable cares ending only with death, regarding gratification of lust as their highest aim, and feeling sure that that is all,

Aashaapaashashatairbaddhaah kaamakrodhaparaayanaah;
Eehante kaamabhogaartha manyaayenaarthasanchayaan.
12. Bound by a hundred ties of hope, given over to lust and anger, they strive to obtain by unlawful means hoards of wealth for sensual enjoyment.

Idamadya mayaa labdham imam praapsye manoratham;
Idamasteedamapi me bhavishyati punardhanam.
13. “This has been gained by me today; this desire I shall obtain; this is mine and this wealth too shall be mine in future.”

Asau mayaa hatah shatrur hanishye chaaparaanapi;
Eeshwaro’hamaham bhogee siddho’ham balavaan sukhee.
14. “That enemy has been slain by me and others also I shall slay. I am the lord; I enjoy; I am perfect, powerful and happy”.

Aadhyo’bhijanavaanasmi ko’nyosti sadrisho mayaa;
Yakshye daasyaami modishye ityajnaanavimohitaah.
15. “I am rich and born in a noble family. Who else is equal to me? I will sacrifice. I will give (charity). I will rejoice,”—thus, deluded by ignorance,

No comments: