Mar 29, 2010

Gita Chapter 11.01 to 11.05

Arjuna Uvaacha:
Madanugrahaaya paramam guhyamadhyaatmasamjnitam;
Yattwayoktam vachastena moho’yam vigato mama.
Arjuna said:
1. By this explanation of the highest secret concerning the Self, which Thou hast spoken out of compassion towards me my delusion is gone.
COMMENTARY: After hearing the glories of the Lord, Arjuna has an intense longing to have the wonderful Cosmic Vision.

Bhavaapyayau hi bhootaanaam shrutau vistarasho mayaa;
Twattah kamalapatraaksha maahaatmyamapi chaavyayam.
2. The origin and the destruction of beings verily have been heard by me in detail from Thee, O lotus-eyed Lord, and also Thy inexhaustible greatness!

Evametadyathaattha twamaatmaanam parameshwara;
Drashtumicchaami te roopamaishwaram purushottama.
3. (Now), O Supreme Lord, as Thou hast thus described Thyself, O Supreme Person, I wish to see Thy Divine Form!

Manyase yadi tacchakyam mayaa drashtumiti prabho;
Yogeshwara tato me twam darshayaatmaanamavyayam.
4. If Thou, O Lord, thinkest it possible for me to see it, do Thou, then, O Lord of the Yogis, show me Thy imperishable Self!

Sri Bhagavaan Uvaacha:
Pashya me paartha roopaani shatasho’tha sahasrashah;
Naanaavidhaani divyaani naanaavarnaakriteeni cha.
The Blessed Lord said:
5. Behold, O Arjuna, My forms by the hundreds and thousands, of different sorts, divine and of various colours and shapes!

No comments: